IQPlus Forum Index IQPlus
Serotonin is a key neurotransmitter in the psyche, especially in his frontal fold. This reach is an obvious prerequisite for depressive patients viably sustain. Sometimes, the brain, in any case, fails to make serotonin, if not meanwhile show the try

IQ Plus Brain Adventures 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Marcel is in a league of his own

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zhangzk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:50 am    Post subject: Marcel is in a league of his own Reply with quote

To say Kole Calhoun was struggling would be an understatement.

When the Los Angeles Angels‘ right fielder was placed on the disabled list June 2 with a strained right oblique Patrick Kane Jersey , he was in a 12-for-122 slump (.098), dropping his season average to .145.

“Every day is a new day,” Calhoun told the Orange County Register last week. “You’ve still got to go out and perform. I’m not thinking about it much honestly. I just want to go out and have a good game. Just going out and trying to help the team win.”

He did that Wednesday, going 3 for 5 with a home run and three RBIs as the Angels snapped the host Seattle Mariners‘ eight-game winning streak with a 7-4 victory. The teams wrap up their three-game series Thursday night at Safeco Field.

Calhoun has hit two home runs in his past three games after hitting just three in his previous 62. Since returning from the DL on June 18, he’s batting .306 (15-for-49) with three doubles, four home runs, seven RBIs and 10 runs scored.

That’s helped Calhoun raise his batting average to .180.

He even returned to the leadoff spot in the batting order last week in Baltimore, a spot he held in previous seasons.

“Kole has made some adjustments and hopefully it will pay off,” Angels manager Mike Scioscia told The Register.

Scioscia said one key for Calhoun is he’s been more selective at the plate as of late.

“He’s had a good eye in previous years,” Scioscia said. “It’s been a part of his game, but it’s been elusive this year.”

The Angels will send rookie right-hander Jaime Barria (5-4, 3.40 ERA) to the mound Thursday in place of left-hander Tyler Skaggs, who was placed on the disabled list Wednesday with a right adductor strain. Barria suffered a 6-3 loss on June 12 at Seattle, allowing three runs (two earned) on eight hits in five innings.

The Mariners are scheduled to start left-hander Marco Gonzales (8-5, 3.77 ERA). Gonzales is 0-0 with a 4.66 ERA in four career starts against the Angels, including two earlier this season.

Gonzales is coming off his first career complete game in a 4-1 victory against Kansas City. Gonzales lost the shutout bid on Mike Moustakas’ two-strike, two-out single in the ninth inning.

“It’s a culmination of a lot of hard work this year and having the right guys behind me,” Gonzales said after his last start. “Those guys played incredible defense behind me and when your team gives you a lead in the first half of the game, you inch closer to eyeing the end. From the first inning I just had the mentality that this is my game and I’m going to go as deep as I can.”

Gonzales has been a big part of Seattle’s success this season after earning the No. 5 spot in the rotation this spring.

“He’s matured, there’s no question,” Mariners manager Scott Servais said of Gonzales. “It always works better when guys earn it. He has a lot of confidence right now because everything that’s happened this year, he’s earned. From coming into spring training, winning a spot in our rotation, he continues to build throughout the season.”

Marcel Hirscher is unbeatable in slalom right now, and his World Cup win Sunday finally gave him victory at Wengen.

The Austrian star extended his first-run lead to finish 0.93 ahead of Henrik Kristoffersen of Norway in a familiar runner-up spot. Andre Myhrer of Sweden was third, 1.72 back.

Hirscher’s domination was so complete he also had the fastest time in the second run Kyler Fackrell Jersey , 0.34 quicker than Kristoffersen, by attacking his rival’s target rather than protecting his lead.

”I have been on the limits, especially on the steep part, so everybody is beatable,” Hirscher said.

Hirscher’s fifth straight success in slalom was the 53rd World Cup win of his career yet a first at the storied Swiss course where he is a three-time runner-up.

”It’s something big for me. This was the last classic race on the calendar that I haven’t won until today,” the reigning slalom world champion said.

Earning 100 World Cup points, Hirscher stretched his lead over second-placed Kristoffersen in both the overall and slalom season-long standings. Hirscher is the six-time defending overall champion.

Yet again at a post-race news conference, Kristoffersen was asked how it is possible to beat Hirscher on current form.

”He is just better, that’s the way it is,” said the 24-year-old Norwegian, who has seven runner-up finishes this season without a win. ”I will never give up, that’s for sure.”

Hirscher is third on the men’s all-time World Cup wins list and will be favored to match the 54-win total of Austrian great Hermann Maier next weekend. Appropriately, the World Cup circuit now moves to celebrated Austrian venue Kitzbuehel.

At age 28, Hirscher would need several more years of consistent winning to catch the 86 wins of Ingemar Stenmark, the Swedish great who raced slalom and giant slalom in the 1970s and 80s.

Stenmark won Olympic gold medals in both technical races at the 1980 Lake Placid Olympics, and Hirscher shapes as favorite to repeat the feat next month in Pyeongchang, South Korea.

In the 2014 Sochi Olympic slalom, Hirscher and Kristoffersen took silver and bronze, respectively, behind the now-retired Mario Matt of Austria.

”Right now, Marcel is in a league of his own,” said Myhrer, the 2010 Olympic bronze medalist.

In a World Cup comeback after three years out injured, Nolan Kasper of the United States placed 20th.

The 28-year-old Kasper’s return could be in time to earn a third Olympic selection. He placed 13th and 24th in the previous two Olympic slaloms.

Kasper was joined in the top 20 Sunday by another racer wearing a starting bib number in the 50s. Ryunosuke Ohkoshi of Japan was 19th, 4.94 behind the winner.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IQPlus Forum Index -> Test Forum 1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: